The Learner Transcript module is part of the Pro Suite of modules for the Uncanny LearnDash Toolkit. Enabling this module and adding the associated shortcode/block to a page will generate a printable transcript for the active learner. It’s an easy way for learners to see a consolidated view of their overall course progress.
The transcript is output as a table with a customizable header and footer. Here’s a description of the available transcript columns:
- Course: A course the user is enrolled in (includes all course types: closed, open and free). The transcript displays all courses the user is currently enrolled in, as well as courses the user has previously completed.
- Status: The current course status: Not Started, In Progress, Completed (with date)
- Steps: The number of steps in the course (lessons + topics)
- Avg. Score: The average score the user attained across all quizzes in the course. If quizzes are attempted multiple times, only the highest attempt will be counted. Failed quizzes are not included in the average.
- Final Score: The score the user attained on:
- The quiz associated with the course
- If there is no quiz associated with the course, the quiz associated with the last lesson in the course.
- Certificate: If the user has earned a certificate for the course, an icon will be displayed with a link to the certificate.
- Display completed courses only: Only show courses the user has completed in the transcript.
- Display courses that the user is no longer enrolled in: Show all courses the user has recorded progress in, even if they are no longer enrolled in the course.
- Accent UI color: Specify an accent color that will be used in the generated transcript. Useful for coordinating the transcript with your brand standards or logo.
- Logo URL: Insert a link to an image that will be displayed at the top of the transcript.
- Heading: Text that appears below your logo.
- Organization: The name of the organization issuing the transcript.
- Table course sorting: Select the order in which courses will appear on the transcript.
- Disable ______ column: Check to prevent the specified column from appearing on the transcript.
- Enable Custom CEUs rows: Include custom learning credits in the transcript. If our Continuing Education Credits plugin is installed and enabled and a user has been awarded custom credits, checking this will add rows for those records. Please note that because records like scores and steps are not applicable for custom credit records, we output “n/a” in those columns for custom records.
- Logo URL (Footer): Insert a link to an image that will be displayed at the bottom of the transcript.
- Disclaimer: Insert text that will be displayed at the bottom of the transcript.
Block name: Learner Transcript
The transcript shortcode or block can be added to any page. It does not support any attributes.
The transcript can be quite large, so we recommend that you create a dedicated page for the transcript. Transcripts are only available to signed in users; there’s no way for administrators to view transcripts for all users. If this is required, consider using the User Switching plugin and then switch to the user and view the transcript as that user.
To print the transcript, use the Print button above the logo area rather than the browser’s print function. Printing may vary by browser.
Continuing Education Credits/Hours
This module integrates with the Uncanny Continuing Education Credits plugin to display a number of available/earned credits or hours beside each course in the transcript:
To learn more about this functionality, see Adding Credits to Student Transcript.
Overriding the Transcript template
Update: As of Uncanny LearnDash Toolkit Pro version 3.1, you can edit files in an upgrade-safe way using overrides. Copy the template into a directory within your theme named /uncanny-toolkit/, keeping the same file structure but removing the /templates/ subdirectory.
For example, to override the transcript template, copy:
The copied file will now override the default template in the Uncanny Toolkit.
Warning: Do not edit these files within the the Uncanny Toolkit plugin itself, as they are overwritten during the upgrade process and any customizations will be lost.