Uncanny LearnDash Groups plugin provides an easy way for Group Leaders to manage essay question answers from LearnDash quizzes in the front end. This helps to eliminate the need for Group Leaders to require access to /wp-admin/.
To add front end essay question management to a page on your site, use this shortcode:
The essay management table is very wide, so we highly recommend that you don’t include a sidebar on the page.
To set which columns are visible by default, use the columns attribute:
columns="Title, Student, Status, Points, Question, Content, Course, Lesson, Quiz, Comments, Date"
Include all of the columns you want shown. The columns not included in the attribute will be hidden by default, but users will still be able to show them by checking the associated checkbox.
To set the status of essay answers on initial load, use the status attribute:
Choose one of the options only, either loading all answers, only ungraded answers, or only graded answers. Ungraded answers are loaded by default to keep load down.
With this shortcode, Group Leaders can:
- Review all essay questions submitted by users in their group and quickly access the associated lesson, course, quiz or comments
- Grade and assign points to essay questions submitted by users in their group
- Filter essay submissions by group, course, lesson, quiz and status (graded/ungraded)
- Filter rows by data in any column using the Search field
- Sort submissions by any column
- View the columns that are relevant to them and hide the rest
- Drag and drop to reorder columns
- Drag to resize columns
Using Front-End Essay Management
- Click the essay question title to open a modal dialog that shows the essay details and allows you to assign points (if points are enabled for the essay) and/or mark the essay graded. You may also assign points and grade the essay directly in the table.
- Hover over the essay question title to delete the essay submission.