The Tin Canny LearnDash Reporting plugin adds new reporting capabilities for administrators and Group Leaders to LearnDash sites. A unique feature of the plugin is the Tin Can Report that helps you track the progress and completion of Articulate Storyline/Rise, Adobe Captivate, and iSpring modules published to Tin Can or SCORM, as well as H5P content*. The custom plugin also adds an Uploader to the WordPress Editor.
Here are the key features of the plugin:
- Tin Canny Elearning Content Uploader
- LearnDash and Tin Can reports
- Storage of Tin Can data in a local LRS inside WordPress (for supported content types)
- Automatic conversion of SCORM statements to Tin Can (for supported content types)
- Targeted reports for site administrators and group leaders
- Integration with LearnDash Mark Complete buttons
- Integration with Uncanny Simple Course Timer
Tin Canny Elearning Content Uploader
The Uploader is integrated with the WordPress Classic Editor and the new Gutenberg editor in WordPress 5.0 so you can quickly add a Storyline/Rise, Captivate, or iSpring module to a lesson or topic. The Uploader works just as well if the module was published to web and you are not planning to capture Tin Can data.
LearnDash and Tin Can Reports
Storing Tin Can Data in a Local LRS
Up until now, every Tin Can solution developed for WordPress relied on a Learning Record Store (LRS) outside of WordPress. It meant segregating reporting and figuring out how to send Tin Can statements externally. Many LRS solutions obfuscated code and prevented customization, so making improvements was impossible. With this plugin we offer the option to have a basic LRS entirely native to WordPress. It captures Tin Can statements with little configuration. Just upload Storyline, Captivate, or iSpring zip files, or add H5P modules, and statements are automatically captured right inside an existing WordPress site.
Converting SCORM statements to Tin Can
The plugin has been optimized for Tin Can / xAPI, but it also supports Storyline/Rise, Captivate, and iSpring modules published to SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004. SCORM statements from these modules will be converted to Tin Can statements and made available in the Tin Can Report.
Targeted Reports for Site Administrators and Group Leaders
The Course, User, and Tin Can reports will provide administrators and Group Leaders insights into the overall performance of their elearning program and activities of their learners*. Some of the metrics you’ll be able to see include:
- Average completion time and total time spent of every course (requires our Pro plugin, available separately)
- Tin Can statements by verb, LearnDash Group, module, user, or almost any other combination you can think of
- Course completion trends
- Tin Can statement trends
* Group Leaders will see consolidated data of their assigned groups. If a Group Leader is assigned to multiple groups, they will see all data together in the LearnDash Reports. (Tin Can reports can, as before, be filtered by LearnDash Group.)
Integration with LearnDash Mark Complete Button
When a lesson or topic contains a Tin Can module, the Mark Complete button is not enabled until the module has been completed. This prevents the learner from skipping the module. This setting is turned on by default but you can override it at the lesson or topic level.
Integration with Uncanny Simple Course Timer
The plugin can report on how long it takes a user to complete a course, and calculate average completion time and total time spent by all users enrolled in the course. This information is extremely helpful for you to monitor learner performance and to determine whether the length of a course is reasonable. In order to track time spent, you need to enable the Simple Course Timer module in the Uncanny LearnDash Toolkit Pro.