Setting up social sharing with Monarch involves choosing the social networks through which you would like others to share your pages or posts, determining how the sharing buttons will appear on your LP site, and customizing the look of your sharing icons.
- Go to Marketing > Social > Networks. You’ll see a list of social networks that have been selected for you. By default, Monarch uses the network names as the button labels, but you can use different labels such as “Tweet This” “Share This” or “Pin This” instead of using network names.
- Click the ADD NETWORKS button. Select the ones you wish to add or the ones you wish to remove, and click Apply.
- You can re-arrange the list of social networks into a specific order by dragging them up or down.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
You can add social sharing buttons in five different locations. To manage locations, go to Marketing > Social > Locations.
Follow the offsite links below to see a live preview of each of these locations.
- Floating Sidebar
- Inline above and/or below content
- Automatic pop-up
- Automatic fly-in
- On images & videos
Pop-ups and fly-ins can be triggered based off unique user interactions. This allows you to capture your visitors attention when they are most engaged, or when they are most in danger of leaving your page.
- Timed delay: Choose a timed delay for your pop-ups and fly-ins so that they trigger after your readers have been on a page for a specific duration of time.
- Bottom of post: Let Monarch auto detect when your readers reach the bottom of a post or page and give your readers a friendly reminder to share.
- After commenting: After a visitor leaves comment on a post or page, you can present this highly engaged user with a social pop-up or fly-in.
- Upon % scroll: Tell Monarch to trigger a social pop-up or fly-in to your visitors after they scroll a defined percentage down the page.
- After purchasing: Display a sharing pop-up or fly-in to your customers after they checkout so they can share your online storefront with friends and family.
- After inactivity: If a user is inactive on your page for too long, Monarch can be triggered to re-catch your visitor’s attention with a pop-up or fly-in.
Customizing the Design
You can fully customize your sharing buttons into your site’s design. The offsite documentation from Elegant Themes provides an overview and examples of various design settings.