Setting up social following with Monarch involves choosing the social network profiles to which you would like to link out and allow others to follow. Note that you can manage social sharing (which we covered in the previous topic) and social following networks separately.
- Go to Marketing > Social > SOCIAL FOLLOW > NETWORKS. You’ll see a list of social networks that have been selected for you.
- Click the ADD NETWORKS button. Select the ones you wish to add or the ones you wish to remove, and click Apply.
- You can re-arrange the list of social networks into a specific order by dragging them up or down.
- By default, Monarch uses the network names as the button labels, but you can type in whatever label you would like. For example, you may want to use labels such as “Follow Us” or “Subscribe” instead of using network names.
- Enter the links of your social profiles.
- Manually enter the counts of your followers, or check “Get counts via API” to get counts from your social networks automatically.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
Configuring Widget or Shortcode
The Monarch Follow Widget lets you display social follow buttons in any widget area on your site. You can add any number of Monarch widgets to your site, and they will all take on the settings defined here. For example, you may want to add a follow widget to both your sidebar and your footer.
The offsite documentation by Elegant Themes has detailed instructions on how to set up a Social Follow Widget.
You can also display social follow buttons anywhere on your website with a shortcode. For example, you may want to custom design a footer widget, sidebar widget, or even inline follow links somewhere on your page.
The offsite documentation by Elegant Themes has detailed instructions on how to use the Social Follow shortcode.