UNCANNY OWL WANTS TO WORK WITH YOU!
We’re a growing startup based in Toronto, Canada, eager to collaborate with you on upcoming projects. All of our roles are part-time, based remotely (except learning consultants, who should be available in Toronto) and depend heavily on web tools for collaboration. Ideal candidates are team players with the ambition and talent to try new things and deliver greatness. Although we don’t have any openings right now, we’d still love to connect and get your information.
Here are some of the opportunities we may want to fill in the future (no agency calls please):
Senior Web Developer
Create new web platforms in collaboration with a Designer, Project Manager and clients. You’ll have the opportunity to build some exciting new tools and work in a fast-paced environment with industry leaders. We’re looking for someone who can join our team for 4 days per week over at least 3 months.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong MVC experience with PHP and/or Rails
- Portfolio of scalable web applications that you’ve built
- Strong database knowledge
These are examples of work you’ll need to perform:
- Build something like Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Geolocate large datasets
- Count words in Office and PDF file uploads
Senior Frontend Designer
Make your mark on the web by collaborating with us on several disruptive web platforms and consulting engagements. We’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively with us for about 25 hours per week over approximately 6 months.
Here’s what we expect:
- Significant experience creating minimalist, responsive website front ends
- UX design expertise
- A strong portfolio
- Some experience with jQuery and PHP
- Illustration experience
- Experience collaborating with a remote team in a startup
- Experience with WordPress
Uncanny Owl periodically offers learning consulting services to Toronto-based businesses. If you’re available part-time and have a strong background in blended learning, elearning development, needs assessment and instructional design, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- 5+ years of experience developing learning solutions for Toronto-area businesses
- Strong elearning authoring experience
- Academic background in adult education (minimum Bachelor’s or CTPD)
- Learning consulting experience