UNCANNY OWL WANTS TO WORK WITH YOU!
We’re a growing digital agency based in Toronto, Canada. Ideal candidates are independent visionaries with the ambition to try new things and deliver greatness. The following opportunities are currently available (no agency calls please):
We do exciting things with elearning on platforms we create in-house. We need someone who can take a program concept and run with it, from needs assessment to creating engaging courseware that spans a variety of media types.
Here’s what we need in an eLearning Designer:
- Strong development skills with Storyline and Captivate
- Significant experience planning and creating self-directed elearning programs for adult audiences
- Experience developing creative, engaging programs with very basic tools (we often need to work without elearning authoring applications)
- Independence and a level of comfort working remotely and with little supervision
- Some experience with video production and storytelling preferred
- Basic familiarity with Photoshop and WordPress
You should have several years of experience building interactive elearning programs for adult learners, and an academic background in education is preferred. While some work will be performed on-site in Toronto, most work will be done remotely. The ability to work independently and make use of a variety of online collaboration tools is essential.
Front-End WordPress Designer/Developer
We have design covered, we have PHP development covered, but we could really use more help on the front end. As a front-end developer, you will liaise with design and development teams to transform exciting designs and code into polished and functional WordPress sites.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Taking designs and implementing them in WordPress
- Customizing and configuring themes and plugins
- Overseeing site maintenance and upgrade activities
- Testing sites and customizations from top to bottom
- Working independently and mostly remotely
And here’s a list of expected skills:
- Expert CSS
- Experience working with Git repositories
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- A great portfolio of WordPress work
You will ideally have several years of experience building WordPress membership sites. Prior experience with any WordPress LMS plugins (e.g. LearnDash, Sensei and WP Courseware) would be very beneficial.